Aries Spears is an American actor, voice artist, and a stand-up comedian. He was born in Manhattan, New York on the 3rd of April 1975. Spears is considered as the second longest-serving cast member of the show behind Michael McDonald. Doris Spears, his mother, is a jazz singer. At the age of 11, he moved to New Jersey and went to Arthur M. Judd Elementary School. He started doing his own comedy routine around his hometown.
At the age of 6, he was the funnyman in their family. He impersonated each member of his family during holidays. At the age of 14, he became a comedian and impersonator in different comedy clubs in New York City. His charisma, quick wit and aggressive style of comedy earned high accolades, critical acclaim and most of all, a busy schedule.
Aries Spears’ Early TV and Film Roles:
ARIES has found great success in the world of feature films and television roles. Here are some of his TV and film appearances.
- His first television appearance was on Russel Simons’ Def Comedy Jam.
- It’s Showtime at the Apollo called “The Underground,” a half-hour sketch comedy series.
- He landed in a role on “A Different World” (1993).
- He became regular at “The comedy Store”, “The Improv” and “The Laugh Factory.”
- “The Adventures of Brisco Country, Jr.”
- “Soul Train” (1993)
At the age of 16, Spears landed a role in the movie Malcolm X. After that, he was cast in a starring role as Glenn Frey in South of Sunset in 1993. He also appeared in other movies which include the following:
- He starred together with John Leguizamo in “The Pest” (1997).
- Home of Angels (1994)
- He played as Teepee, the brother of Rod Tidwell in “Jerry Maguire.”
- He appeared in “Out-of-Sync” (1995).
- The Proud Family (2003)
- He has a film appearance in “Crosstown traffic” and “Brisco Country Jr.”
- He portrayed Red Foxx in Warner Brothers’ “Why Do Fools Fall in Love.”
- He starred in the short-lived series “South of Sunset” with Glenn Rey, a former Eagle’s guitarist.
- Most recently, he played the role of a gangsta’ rapper named HomeThug in the sex comedy film “Promoted” (2015).
- He became part of a regular series on “MAD TV” for 8 seasons.
Aries also appeared on various talk shows which include the following:
- Keenen Ivory Wayans
- Friday Night
- Soul Train
He also provided his voice for several anime characters on Jamal and C-Bear. He continued to spread his comedic wings across the country. Aries was also involved in charity events including those organizations for helping women who are abused. At the age of 32, he achieved everything he had. He maintained a strong connection to his root, Africans. He does not intend to stop helping other people who are in need. Despite the growing success of comedies coming out in Hollywood, Aries Spears is considered to be a great stand-up comedian that people will forever admire. His story is an inspiration for many.